Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Thursday, October 7, 2010

In Response to Your Commentos

Dear Ktk and Hubby Loves, my two true followers and friends,

This post is dedicated to comments you left on one of my posts a while back. I wanted you to have answers to your queshes. Quesh=question, so it's fair to say queshes=questions, right?

Anyway, the abbrevs are a dedication to a special friend of mine that I met in Puerto Rico...Kathy Shelton, aka, Kath. Hubbs, you'll probably meet her in November because I think she's coming to viz. You will love her. She is super fun presh!

Craft Night: result of my awesome mother-in-law who is hosting it every other Tuesday night at her house. She makes delicious cakes or dips or whatevs, we all grab a snack and then get to crafting. She is teaching me how to crochet. So ya, next time you see Rachel my sister, perhaps she will be wearing the scarf I made her. Ya, that's right. I made a scarf!!! I mean, it was pretty terrible, but I'll get better/faster/stronger at crocheting and soon enough, I'll be churning out the cozy clothes.

Volunteering: I think I've mentioned it to both of you, but here it is, a little more in depth. Once a week, I go to an elementary school near my house and help kids read for 30 min each. I have two kids so it's only an hour a week, but I can already tell it is going to be so fun and rewarding. We had our first session this past week. I went to their classroom and get them out as about 40 eyeballs stare at me, mouths wide open. Then we walk to the library as I try to get more than 3 words out of them. Then they get our their books and we read. They aren't great...but that's why I'm there to help them! And they pretty much seem to love it. And I already love them...them = Amiyia and Kenyaada...Amiyia is a black baby...so there you go, Ktk. And Kenyaada is Spanish...I think. Not really sure. But they are both presh to the max. Love them. Love it. Thankful for an opportunity to serve...someone other than myself.

Individuals/Coaching: Going wonderfully. Getting along with the coach so well. What an encouragement to see a coach who really cares for her players. And during indis, she's basically like Norie, go watch her swing and fix it. So she like totally trusts me to handle hitting...I love it.

Covenant Baptism, Total Depravity, and other tough subjects: These are things we learned about in our Foundations group that allows us now that we are finished, to become members at the church. The question is, will we become members now? And the answer is, we don't know. Big decish. We need prayer about that. There are some aspects of the church that we don't totally love. And I've really been struggling with why you go to the church you go? To be fed? Because you like the music? Because you love the people? Opportunities to serve? Not sure. Answers would be welcomed and appreciated.

Hot Air Ballooning to another country: Let's all do it together. Katie has to go to Guatemala soon anyway! They speak Spanish, right? So we could all just get on, teach Katie the Spanish on the way over, and then land in the middle of a mountainous village that is in need of the light of Jesus! VAMOS A GUATEMALA, SENORITA HUBBARD!

Dragging me to Metro Kids: I'd love you to. I want them to teach me how to dougie. Just kidding, I definitely already know how.

1 comment:

  1. norie. i need your help.
    deciding where to go this summer.
    narrowed it down to... 4 places
    ha. but really this is a serious question

    ReplyDelete