Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Today's Quiet Time

Isaiah 43 Part 1

(verses I highlighted)
v1.Fear not, For I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
v4-5a.Since you are precious and honored in my sight, and because, I love you, I will give men in exchange for your life. Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
v7.everyone who is called by my name, whom I created for my glory, whom I formed and made.

What does this passage say about God's character?
He is intentional. He chose us. He is merciful to call us his. He loves, He is love. He is the Creator and adores his creation.

What does it say about man?
We are in need of redemption, in need of a Redeemer. We are God's, not because of our choice but because He chose us. We are desired by God (precious and honored). We have worth in God's eyes, so much so that he will trade others for us. We are not alone. We are fearful. We were formed and made for His glory.

What is the compelling truth?
The God of Creation chose us from the beginning and loves us so deeply that He has devoted himself to keeping us in every circumstance or situation so that we may live knowing we are loved, free of fear, because we are held.

How would my life be different if this truth was explosively alive in me?
Freedom from fear because I would be living in light of God's love for me...knowing he chose me, he chooses me, even when I don't choose Him...AGAIN, our relatinship is not dependent on me, it has already been established by Him.

1 comment:

  1. had dejavu'
    of you
    freshman year
    sball bible study

    miss that

    ReplyDelete