Do we lose friends?
I suppose we do...to death, to distance, to hectic schedules, to time...
But are they ever really gone?
I guess the death one is pretty complete. But other than that, our truest of true friends, can they be lost as long as their are living souls on earth?
I don't know. But I like to think and hope not.
I like to believe that our friends, my friends, are there. Where is there? Everywhere. California, Georgia, Texas, South Carolina, Georgia! Ya, I know I put Georgia twice...I've got some good ones there so I mentioned it twice. But I believe that there are people I know who I don't speak to regularly...maybe not even monthly...but if I were to see them right now...we would hug and be right back to wherever we left off...and we would just sit and catch up and laugh and be friends.
I'm writing this because Charlie and I recently found out that some very close friends of ours (and we don't have too many of those...friends of 'ours'...like normally they are mine or his, but no, this is a couple...a family) are probably going to be moving. They don't know how far. Possibly a plane flight but maybe just a car drive. But either way, it won't be the same. We won't see them as much. We won't see their kids as much. We won't talk as much. It will be different.
But what I hope is this. That it will also be the same. That though our physical relationship will change as in physically where we are and where they are...that our friendship will remain untouched. That whenever we do see them, it will be like they were never gone.
That's what I hope. I have to. Because otherwise, I'll just missed them and wallow and be sad until I somehow forget them forever and all would be lost.
When friends are leaving, you realize how blessed you were to have them close. But when friends are gone, that's when you realize how blessed you are to be united in Christ. That's the difference maker. It's not because of our own merit. But it's because God has the ability to tie our hearts together in a way that we by our own merit, cannnot. And once tied, it would be unnatural for them to sever.
Hope, friendship, love. I am thankful for these today. Knowing that my true friends are tied to me by a bond that is not easily broken and perhaps not broken at all; God's love.
Proverbs 17:17
A friend loves at all times,
and a brother is born for adversity.
If I Die Tomorrow
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment