Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Thoughts on Isaiah 40-60

He is mighty to save.

Though I was dead in my trespasses.
Though Israel was wicked, forsaking their God, without one to intervene.

He was, then, and still is mighty to save.

Meaning He was faithful in the saving of His people.
Meaning He sent a Savior, despite whether they, we, I wanted one or not.
Because He is holy, He is righteous, His ways are higher, His thoughts are higher, He sent a Redeemer to Israel, them, us , me to die for the sin Israel, they, us, me committed and all the sins that were still to be committed.

He pardoned freely.
Because He loves unconditionally.


I cannot comprehend.

But I can believe, by reading these chapters that for some reason my wicked heart can't understand, He loves me.

He loves me perfectly.

When I deserved(d) death, He pardoned me freely.
Would I pardon freely those who loathe me? Those who don't believe what I say? Those who scoff at me? Doubt me? Question my decisions? Murdered someone I love?

But I am thankful that He is rightoues, perfect and holy.
Because acting in His perfect righteousness and holiness, He chose to save Israel, them, us, me. Israel, they, we, I did not choose to be saved. For when the Lord reveals His covenant in these chapters, when He proclaims that a Redeemer, a servant of the Lord is coming, He had already chosen Israel, them, us, ME.

The Gospel- as promised by God in Isaiah - Christ's death for my forgiveness so that I could live in relationship with my perfect heavenly Father.

Death has no vicotry over those who are in their Father's arms.

1 comment:

  1. This is Bird's ringback tone
    I am so proud of your blog
    So beautiful
    you are so deep
    I'm reading and responding to this as I sit in my jour3410 lab
    haha
    but I love how you took this passage that is a popular song and broke it down.
    love ya!
    see you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete