Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Friday, April 23, 2010


I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Ps. 16:8

This reminds me of that song, I will not be moved! Which I love because I feel totally empowered and ready to take on anything when I'm listening to it. And yet, what do I do so often when troubles, trials and things come my way? Well let's see:

1. Rely on myself
2. Rely on others
3. Complain
4. Feel bad for myself
5. And the list could go on and include many more things other than what this verse claims to be true.

My prayer today is that the Lord teaches me to rely on Him...first! Not to run to God as a last resort (although I know He'd still be there) but to delight Him by bringing all my requests, anxieties, doubts and fears before Him first. To truly believe and live a life where He is my Father. And to treat Him as I would my own Father. To let Him know when I'm not doing well, to let Him know when I am, to rely on Him, to run to Him, to speak to Him daily, and ultimately, to develop a RELATIONSHIP with Him.

In our Bible Study we've been having on our prayer, we always start by reviewing what the Gospel is...Good News. Why? Because Christ died for my sin so that I could have a relationship with God. Ya, I'd say that's Good News. But the problem is, I don't always treat God as if I'm in a relationship with Him. Like I said, I don't "set the Lord always before me." But I should. And I can by His grace.

Father, by Your grace, I have been made new and I can still be made even better. Help me to be more like Your Son, who always had his heart attentive and his eyes set on you. I want to be more like Your Son, I want to live as a daughter of the King. I want to live like a child of You.

You called me into light
And showed me who You are
Help me now Lord
To shine as bright as a star
Teach me to rely
On you every single day
For I am Your child
And You my Father, the Way.

1 comment:

  1. I get to see you tomorrow. Softball, twilight, and dancing with the team! Booya.
    this post was great! I love the picture of you and Charlie, such a beautiful relationship. I'm so blessed to have you two to look up to!
    This was a great post!
    I love studying prayer, and how through prayer I can have a relationship with him. Because a lot of times we try to please him by how we act and treat others, which is great. But in order to grow relationally with him. I need to speak to him and seek him. And I can seek him by reading his word. But there's only one way to speak to him, and that's by praying to him!

    ReplyDelete