Just got done running...in the rain. Didn't really realize that a steady drizzle, though light and seemingly friendly, can soak you to the bone...but it was a good thing...I think it made me run faster.
Anyway, I think I am going to start writing shorter blogs instead of feeling like I need to sit down at the comp for 5 hours just to write one. That way, others will get to hear my thoughts, I'll get to write them, and the world will be a better place. :)
First off, I stole this link from my wonderful friend hubbardy hubbs' blog, and I specifically want you, KTK, to take a look at it. One word. Hope.
https://www.mochaclub.org/mochaclub/i_need_africa
Love it.
Also, been busy this past week with craft night, supper club, youth group, and many other things that were all wonderful and a blessing...especially the ones I didn't feel like going to because I was tired or whatever. I love being reminded of how God can restore and refresh you when you choose to do something you think is only going to make you more tired.
Been studying a lot about infant baptism...excuse me...covenant baptism. Interesting stuff but I am still not convinced that there exists a clear right or wrong with this issue. Anyway, we don't have to believe it to become members at Redeemer Pres. (did I mention we are doing like a class/community group to become members because we are) but it is a big part of the means of grace within the church. But really that is a WHOLE different kind of story that I could blog about forevs, so we'll just leave it at that.
Individuals start this week for softball. Yayfers.
And I'm also starting my volunteering this week at an elementary school near my house. It's just for one hour a week, and I am a Book Buddy. Meaning there will be 2 children that come for 30 minutes each week, and I'm supposed to read with them. Looking forward to it. Is it bad I'm hoping for a Spanish kid? Because I totally am.
Finally, Ty and Katie came to visit this past weekend. Love them. Pictures to come...
So ya, I like this, conscious stream of thought.
If I Die Tomorrow
12 years ago

ok first for the vocab
ReplyDelete1) whatevs
2) yayfers
second for the omg what
1) craft night
2) volunteering
third for the comments
1) omg I'm so excited that you're doing volunteering, I've been too starting to volunteer (i want you to guess where) but it's been really special for me, and has been so fulfilling... I also want to mentor a kid in middle school, but idk how to make that happen lol
2) individuals= coaching= how is that going omg?!
3) covenant baptism/grace within the church/ what is all this stuff about!
4)Spanish is so awesome, lets please travel in a hot air balloon to spanish-speaking countries... together!
you better be hoping for a black kid as your second choice and white as your last....if not ill drag you to metro kids to play with some black babies.
ReplyDeletealso ive heard of mocha club. well lets just say my husband matt wertz totally sponsors it :)
love the abbrevs by the way. totes great.