Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Monday, August 9, 2010

A Garden of Grace



Ever took a leap of faith and been blessed by God's grace? Ever doubted God's grace only for Him to smother you in it? Well I have many times. But more recently, God has displayed His grace in my life through Charlie's Garden (and yes, I'm officially making that a proper noun.)



When Charlie first decided to grow a garden, I wasn't too psyched. That meant watering, pulling weeds, plowing, sewing seeds, harvesting and more. So Charlie did most all of the work and his mom even helped him plant some seeds, and I watched...and I doubted. I thought ya, we might have some tomatoes, but didn't really think much more would come of it. I'm normally not so excited to say, I was wrong! (see prizewinning pictures above)



Ya, Charlie didn't know much about starting a garden. He'd never had one before. He'd never plowed up land before, he'd never planted seeds hopeful they'd grow into food before, and ultimately, he was really just winging it. Or as I like to think, trusting God in it. When it rained, Charlie was so thankful and would always mention in His prayers how grateful he was for the water that refreshed the earth and his garden. And in the end, God saw that Charlie was winging it, He heard his prayers, and He was faithful to His servant.



Some people might say we have good soil. Others might say Charlie just had some good luck. I say that if you decide to wing it, just totally trust in God even though you really have no idea what you're doing, you might just be surprised by the bounty of grace that the Lord bestows on you.



So go, dive in to whatever it is you're doing, whether you really know how to or not, fall into who He is and what He can do, trust Him to do it, and sit back as the grace pours down.



"And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work." 2 Corinthians 9:8

1 comment:

  1. wait you can still wear your hip hair-do in a ponytail! that's so cool!
    and norie i love this post
    i like the part how you said some may say we have good soil, because that's so neat to think about. the foundation of your house... God. aww, such a great house to grow both plants and love and babies...

    ReplyDelete