Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. Ps.51:10

Friday, May 21, 2010

Summer Reading

Just finished reading "Searching for Eternity" by Francine Rivers. She is the author of "The Last Sin Eater", "Redeeming Love", and a bunch of other great reads.

When I began the book, I realized the main character was a boy, and I immediately decided that I probably wasn't going to like it. But I had to continue because my mother-in-law gave me the book to read, and I felt like I should finish it if not for anything but to let her know that I did. But I'm thankful that I did.

Emile, is a young French boy when you meet him, confused and angry with moving to America. But by the end of the book, though still French, he has become this wonderful man. I don't want to give all the details away, but here's a clue to the title: early on in the book, he meets a girl named, Eternity. And along the way, he gets to know this Eternity, as he realizes what really matters in his life, the other Eternity.

Anyway, I would say if you like fiction and have read Rivers before, read it! If you like fiction but haven't read her books, start with Redeeming Love. That way, you'll want to read everything she's ever touched.

Next I think I'll go to the opposite end of the spectrum with a science fiction novel, Catching Fire, it's the sequel to Hunger Games. Then again, I have been itching to finish the Chronicles of Narnia series (I've read through Prince Caspian). But wherever my book journey takes me, one thing will be for sure, the more I read, the more I want to write!

1 comment:

  1. ah that book sounds good, but one thing stands after i finish the last song, redeeming love here i come.

    ReplyDelete